Recipes that can be prepped in just a few minutes are always a winner. Add all the ingredients to an AMC 28cm Gourmet Chef’s Pan and let the oven do the rest. The well-known combination of tomatoes, herbs, feta, balsamic vinegar and olive oil is a delicious base to add lentils to for a vegetarian meal or side dish.
Rate this recipe
Tap for method
|leeks — halved and thinly sliced
|baby tomatoes — halved or quartered
|2 slices of
|lemon — rind and juice
|2 handfuls of
|fresh herbs — of your choice (basil, Italian parsley, origanum and/or thyme)
|salt and pepper to taste
Tap for ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the leeks, tomatoes and feta in a single layer in an AMC 28cm Gourmet Chef’s Pan. Pour over the oil and balsamic vinegar with half the lemon rind and some of the herbs. Season to taste.
- Roast for 25–30 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the lentils with 625ml (2½ cups) water in an AMC 20cm Gourmet Low. Heat over a medium temperature with the lid on until the Visiotherm® reaches the first red area. If you are cooking using a normal pot, keep an eye on the pot and simmer until lentils are just cooked but not mushy.
- Simmer lentils for 25–30 minutes or until just cooked but not mushy. (Don’t add salt as it will prevent the lentils from softening.)
- Remove the lentils from the heat, rinse and drain well.
- Gently mash the warm feta in the AMC 28cm Gourmet Chef’s Pan with a spoon. Add the lentils and mix through.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon rind and herbs. Serve as a side dish or light vegetarian meal.
- Serve this dish with dollops of your favourite pesto, if preferred.