SA’s top chefs, foodies and media gathered at Grand West’s Grand Arena on Sunday 19 November to witness the announcement of the country’s best restaurants at the Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards. An Oscars-style celebration with the theme ‘red carpet glamour’ meant that guests and VIPs really pushed the boat out.
This will be the first year that Eat Out have chosen to keep the judges anonymous.
The top 10 restaurants for 2017 are…
1. The Test Kitchen, Woodstock
2. Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient, Elandsfontein
3. The Restaurant at Waterkloof, Stellenbosch
4. Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia, Constantia
5. Greenhouse at Cellars-Hohenhort, Constantia
6. Camphors at Vergelegen, Somerset West
7. La Colombe, Constantia Nek
8. The Shortmarket Club, Cape Town CBD
9. Overture, Stellenbosch
10. The Pot Luck Club, Woodstock
Rising Star Award – Kayla Anne Osborne from Chefs Table in Durban
Eat Out Lannice Snyman Lifetime Achievement Award – Letitia Prinsloo
Style Award – Fermier Restaurant, The Willows
Taste Magazine Bursary – Brian Malotshwa
Wine Service Award – Moses Magwaza from Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient, Elandsfontein
Eat Out Woolworths Sustainability Award – Camphors at Vergelegen, Somerset West
Eat Out Graham Beck Chefs’ Chef Award – Kobus van der Merwe
See last here winners here.
A reminder that if you plan to experience these restaurants, we HIGHLY suggest you make a reservation as soon as you possibly can!
Whats your favourite restaurant in SA? Let us know in the comments below…