Easter is one of those weekends where there is so much to look forward to when it comes to food! Just think of all the traditional customs like eating pickled fish on Good Friday, hot cross buns for breakfast and making slow roasted lamb on Easter Sunday (and no, we’re not forgetting all the Easter egg and chocolate eating in between!).
If you’re having guests or family visiting over the holiday, we know you’ll be called upon to produce some sort of tummy-filling fuel. Brunch is a great way to kill two birds with one stone (breakfast + lunch) and ensures you don’t spend ALL day in the kitchen cooking three full meals while everyone is out having fun.
Here are some fantastic recipes to take your weekend brunch to another level. Crank up the oven and gather those pans!
1. Braai breakfast pot – perfect for the camping! Be your own Ultimate Braai Master.
2. Breakfast vetkoek with fried eggs – A genius way of serving the beloved fried morsel.
4. Choc chip banana muffins – you can’t go wrong with muffins – especially if they’re loaded with chocolate chips.
5. Milk stout hot cross buns – make your Hot cross buns from scratch. This recipe calls for Milk stout beer.
6. Malted buttermilk waffles – treat yourself to these fluffy, light clouds of cooked dough and top with your favourite flavours.
7. Moroccan honey almond pastries – these hold a certain North African charm. Honey represents fertility and wealth.
8. Onion tart – a rustic and savoury dish with a lovely French flair.
9. Easter breakfast buns – these are a real hit with both children and adults! Make a double batch to avoid disappointment.
10. Leek and blue cheese soufflé – Another savoury number that’s flavoured with sharp blue cheese.
11. Autumn frittata – glorious served with a few slices of toast on the side.
12. Bun and butter pudding – Hot cross buns take on a new life in this mashup recipe… bread and butter pudding reloaded.
13. Potato and vegetable torte – this potato cake is a real hit and will keep you full for hours.
14. Zesty salmon roulade – for something a little fancy schmancy!
15. Coconut and Parmesan crumbed mushrooms – A lovely addition to any brunch plate. Have them with your eggs or serve on a buffet.
For more breakfast and brunch ideas, click here.