Summer is nearly here which means that soon we'll be spending many days and evenings outdoors enjoying the balmy weather. I cannot wait!
I love nothing more than sitting down to enjoy a free-range chicken cooked on the Weber, paired with an olive oil dressed salad of leaves, avocado and Parmesan shavings. When I was younger, it used to often be what I’d request as my “last supper”at home before returning to boarding school after the school holidays.
The great thing is that there are so many things that can be cooked on the Weber. Here are a few recipes to try this Summer that will have your Weber wishing for its own holiday!
1. Beer can chicken - a classic chicken dish done with a can of beer!
2. Guinness bread on the Weber – you can make this bread during load-shedding!
3. Turkey in the Weber – cook your Christmas bird South African-style!
4. Fish in newspaper - with punchy garlic, lemon and fennel flavours.
5 . Marshmallows on the braai – these can be made just as easily on a Weber and make a wonderful sweet treat at the end of your meal.
6. The best chicken on the braai - The Weber is simply the best and tastiest way to make a roast chicken.
make a creamy mushroom sauce to compliment your meat or try this braai basting sauce which we just love! You can also watch Justin Bonello show us how he makes a simple spice rub.
Finally, what would a braai be without some side dishes?
To see more of our favourite braai recipes, click here and also read this article on how to cook adventurously with your Weber with tips from Weber guru Shirley Guy!
Read more on: