There are so many fun and fabulous baking recipes on Food24 that it would be crime not to share them with you. And now that the Olympics are over, you (hopefully) have more time to spend in the kitchen.
Tired of the saying that ‘baking is a science’ ? I find it often puts many people off (perhaps there’s an assumption that one needs a PhD in chemistry or something?). Well – that’s not true! And now baking has become more popular than ever before, with new-age techniques and ingredients that introduce a breath of fresh air to the sometimes old-school perception that baking is done by old ladies who sells rusks at the local tuisnywerheid.
Just take Alice Toich as an example. A young, vibrant artist and baker who has a flair for injecting elements of sexiness and pizzazz into the baking realm. Read our interview with her here. Also, do yourself a favour and check out Nikki Albertyn's Instagram feed for out of this world baking inspiration!
Has the baking bug bitten yet? If not – try some of our “best of baking” recipes to get you into the spirit!
Quick and easy baking hacks
1. 2-ingredient chocolate cake
2. Magic 3-ingredient scones
3. Food processor carrot cake
4. Bar One 'sausage rolls'
5. Easy apple tart
6. Pantone cloud cake
7. Dark chocolate and coconut ganache cake
8. Cognac apple cake
9. Delectable meringue layer cake
10. Salted caramel coma cake
11. Salted pretzel brownies with toffee-caramel sauce
12. Maple bacon cupcakes
13. Mini blueberry and ricotta cakes (low carb)
14. Homemade low carb Oreo cookies
15. Rolo millionaire brownies
16. Easy biltong bread
17. Sausage breakfast cake
18. 10-minute cheese and herb rolls
19. Cheese, spinach and bacon bread bake20. Nutty courgette loaf (low carb)
Time to preheat those ovens!
- Tessa Purdon