Food for children can be difficult at the best of times.
I've put together some fun ideas and included some great recipes by 9 year old Josh Thirion from 'Cook with Josh'.
Make cooking fun with these easy recipes that kids will love.
1. Build-a-pizza - Pizza dough is super-fun to make and you can play build-a-pizza with their favourite toppings.
2. Make simple biscuits – you can make funky gingerbread men and peanut butter cookies and crunchies. Keep things healthy with some seed and nut bars.
3. Make pancakes – they don’t have to be dripping in sugar-highs, go savoury with things like creamy spinach and cheese and ham.
4. Make homemade fish fingers - It's fun to dip-and-egg these healthier fish fingers.
5. Puffy cheesy toast – This is a brilliant quick snack or meal with sweet corn, eggs and cheese.
6. Strawberry smoothie milkshake – A healthy way to get some beautiful fresh strawberries into your little ones.
7. Tuna fishcakes – Easy to make and delicious. These will become a family favourite.
8. Mince on toast – Mince is a clever way to ‘hide’ those veggies. Serve on toast for a meal filled with goodness.
9. Cottage pie pots – Make these with your kids and top with butternut and sweet potato mash.
And one for luck!
10. Chocolate and coconut clusters – A lovely snack for the kids with oats, coconut and chocolate. You can add less sugar if you feel they’re too sweet.
- Caro de Waal