12 servings Prep: 10 mins, Cooking: 10 mins
Calling all peanut butter fans – you'll have cookies in under 20 minutes!
Rate this recipe
Tap for method
|1 cup||peanut butter|
|3 tbsp||Goldcrest Pure Honey — or maple syrup|
|1/2 tbsp||Robertson's vanilla essence|
|1||egg — or 1 tbsp ground flax mixed in 3 tbsp water|
|1 1/4 cup||quick oats|
|1/2 tsp||Robertson's baking powder|
|4 tbsp||raisins — optional|
Tap for ingredients
Combine the honey, peanut butter, vanilla, and egg.
Stir in the oatmeal and baking powder, mixing until a dough is formed. Add the raisins.
Scoop out a small dough, rolling it into a ball then flattening it out.
Bake at 180⁰C for 10 minutes.
- Don’t over-mix your dough, otherwise it will become tough.
- Take the egg and the peanut butter out of the fridge about 10-20 minutes before you start making your cookies. They combine easily when they are at room temperature.
- Use parchment paper instead of spraying the pan. If you don’t have parchment paper just bake it directing on your baking tray. It will still come off easily, you might just have a little more cleaning to do.
- These are soft and chewy cookies, so it’s advisable to bake for just 10 minutes. It’s okay if it doesn’t look done at this time – it will continue to cook for a few minutes after they come out of the oven. However, if you want your cookies a bit crunchy (crispier texture), feel free to add a couple of minutes to the baking time.
- Leave the cookies to cool completely before eating.
Reprinted with permission from Chef Lola’s Kitchen. For more recipes, check out her website.
Leave a Reply