We all love a good braai, but sometimes piles of fatty lamb chops and creamy potato bakes can get a bit too much. Let’s start this year off with a braai that is a little lighter whilst still packing a flavour punch.
Click HERE to see more of Food24’s brilliant braai recipes!
Try some of these deliciously healthy braai recipes:
1. Mexican spice-rubbed tuna tortillas are superb on the braai, and perfect for summer.
2. Vegetarian burgers don’t have to be mushrooms – this delicious recipe uses peas, chickpeas and avo. Pea and feta burger with curried mayo.
3. Tikka fish kebabs – chunks of Yellowtail marinated in spicy yoghurt.
4. Almond and raisin couscous – this is a quick and healthy side dish.
5. Big brown mushrooms stuffed with pesto – a fantastic veggie meal cooked on the braai.
6. Kudu fillet burger – throw these amazing burgers on your braai and enjoy.
7. These BBQ peri-peri prawns are a little spicy and so much fun to eat!
8. Mielies don’t have to be boring – try this grilled mielie with feta and herb recipe at your next braai.
9. Roasted sweet potato salad with a ginger dressing – a gorgeous salad with fantastic flavour.
10. Gingered ostrich and apricot skewers – sear these babies on the coals for a scrumptious venison fix.
11. Braai time means finger food takes centre stage. These Mojito Fish Taco’s are an interactive, healthy braai option.
12. Everyone loves a boerie roll – especially with no carbs! We’re having two each of these Bunless Boerie Rolls.
13. Roast pepper salad – a colourful side dish to perk up any party.
14. Mexican spiced chicken breasts with corn salsa – this is a meal in one, roll up and devour.
15. Braaied nectarine parcels – a fruity and delicious dessert over the flames.
16. Looking for tasty starter? Grill these BBQ cauliflower nuggets while the coals are getting ready.
17. These Greek chicken kebabs are great for grownups and kiddies alike.