Make the most of the last of the fresh produce of summer and enjoy a tropical feast.
Pretend you're on a beach on Southeast Asia surrounded by fine white sand beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters.
Transport yourself there with the flavours of coconut, fresh fruit, seafood and all things exotic.
Starters and mains
1. Vietnamese chicken and pineapple soup - Pineapple? In soup? An odd combination but a deliciously terrific one at that.
2. Peanut chicken satay - This Indonesian way of serving chicken is extremely popular.
3. Sticky pineapple and chicken kebabs - A simple dish with a wonderful combination of flavours.
4. Fresh prawn salad - Fresh greens with prawns, pineapple and pomegranate.
5. Stuffed fried crab - Gorgeous Mozambican cuisine to give you a taste of island life.
6. Seared tuna steaks with soy and mirin - Fresh Asian-inspired tuna.
7. Pineapple chicken burgers with mango salsa - A great meal for days by the pool with friends.
8. Grilled lemongrass chicken with Thai curry sauce - Serve the crispy grilled chicken with lots of sauce on the side, a big bowl of hot jasmine rice and fresh chilli.
9. Hawaiian paella - Seafood Paella with a tropical twist.
10. Coconut fish curry - A fish curry with a rich and fragrant coconut sauce (Keralan Fish Molee.)
Desserts and treats
11. Grilled pineapple and coconut sherbet - A hassle-free fruity sorbet treat with charred pineapple.
12. Coconut rice with lime syrup - An exotic tropical dessert.
13. Coconut Milk Jelly - A fragrant, sweet jelly dessert.
14. Coconut and cashew ice cream bars - Sugar-free treat that screams summer.
15. Thai roti with banana, cinnamon and condensed milk - A traditional pancake recipe with condensed milk and a twist.
16. Tapioca pudding with coconut cream and figs - Add a spoonful of honey for a comforting dessert.
17. Coconut and lime crème brûlée - With pineapple salsa; an exotic treat!
18. Frozen fruit smoothies - Healthy and refreshingly tasty.
Do you have any fond memories of tropical island holiday food?
Read more on: