|15 ml||vinegar — white wine|
|15 ml||lemon juice|
|2,5 ml||black peppercorns — whole|
|2||eggs — just the yolks|
|125 g||butter — melted|
1. Hollandaise sauce Combine the vinegar, juice and peppercorns in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer uncovered until the liquid is reduced by ½. Strain through a fine sieve into small heatproof bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk the egg yolks into the vinegar mixture. Place the bowl over a small pot of simmering water but don’t allow the water to touch the base of the bowl.Whisk the mixture over medium heat until thickened. Remove the bowl from the heat and gradually whisk in the melted butter in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until the sauce is thick and creamy.
3. Eggs Half-fill a large shallow frying pan with water and bring to the boil. Break 1 egg into a cup, then slide into the pan. Repeat with 3 more eggs.
4. When all the eggs are in the pan, allow the water to return to the boil. Cover the pan, turn off the heat, and let it rest for about 4 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over the yolks.Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Cover to keep warm and repeat with the remaining eggs.
5. Divide the lettuce and ham between the rolls, top with eggs and hollandaise sauce and serve.