|20||bread — white, slices|
|25 ml||Dijon mustard|
|25 ml||wholegrain mustard|
|240 g||mature cheddar cheese — grated|
|240 g||mature gouda|
|100 g||blue cheese|
1. Butter each slice of bread on one side (the buttered sides will be on the outside of the braaibroodjies).
2. Now lay out 10 slices of bread with the buttered side down and spread with Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard and mayonnaise.
3. Next, grate, slice or crumble the cheese, and evenly distribute it onto the slices of the mustard-coated bread.
4. Put the other 10 bread slices on top, buttered side facing upwards.
5. Place the prepared sandwiches in a hinged grid and close the grid. This makes braaing easier and will also help to compress the bread into a correct braaibroodjie shape.
6. Braai over medium-hot coals, turning often, until the outside of the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted all the way through.
Jan Braai The Vegetarian Option is published by Bookstorm. Recommended retail price: R370.