8 Epic Easter bakes that don’t include hot cross buns
Hot cross bun averters, this is for you! Easter is just over 3 weeks away and if you’re excited about the glorious and indulgent food that this adored holiday comes with…you’re not alone! We’ve been munching speckled eggs al desko and getting excited about all things Easter bunny – like these chocolatey bunny biscuits.
We’re also well aware that there are those of you who just don’t ‘do’ hot cross buns – mainly due to the fact that they contain raisins. So we’ve put together a wonderful list of baking recipes sans hot cross buns, to get you into the Easter spirit!
Let’s hop right in…
1. Sticky cinnamon buns with lemon icing – butter enriched dough, topped with all things sweet and sticky.
2. Chocolate hazelnut cinnamon twist – the prettiest pastry wreath filled with nutty goodness.
3. Mini Easter Simnel cakes – traditional marzipan morsels
4. Pink funfetti Easter cake with crème fraiche icing – the kids will love this cake that’s bursting with colour.
5. Chocolate Easter nest cupcakes – these are always a hit.
6. Sweet berry, hazelnut and dark chocolate brioche swirl – a yeast leavened dough that takes some time to make but is worth the effort.
7. Easter breakfast buns – you can make these with ready-made bread dough from your supermarket bakery!
8. Baked Nutella chocolate torte – who can ever say no to Nutella?
Yours in sweet carby chocolate dreams,