Many would argue that dessert is the best part of any meal. Baked tarts, sweet pastries and rich puddings with lashings of cream and custard are great when the weather is cold, but what about when daily temperatures reach the mid 30s?
This is when you get down to business and whip up one of these cooling, chilled desserts. The great thing is that the freezer does most of the work, leaving you to sit back and enjoy the sunshine. These treats are sure to give you brain-freeze – in the best possible way!
1. Coffee granita – icy and cool with that punchy caffeine kick!
2. Pineapple and basil sorbet – basil makes everything better. Even dessert!
3. Honeycomb cheesecake frozen yoghurt – a drooliscious mashup of all our favourite things! We can’t deal.
4. Choc-nut ice cream bombe – this one takes a little effort but the reward is worth it.
5. Berry and vanilla sorbet – Summer in a bowl.
6. Frozen cherry cheesecake – a great retro recipe using Tennis biscuits. Yum.
7. Ferreror Rocher and hazelnut liqueur ice cream cake – for something decadent and completely OTT.
8. Frozen chocolate and ice cream Swiss roll – make this in advance to save time and kitchen space.
9. Rainbow blueberry cheesecake – cute little frozen cheesecakes with a burst of blueberry colour.
10. Granadilla semi-freddo with frozen dark chocolate sauce – feeling adventurous? This is for you.
11. Neapolitan ice cream cake – topped with frozen raspberries.
12. Earl Grey ice cream sandwiches – the flavour and textures will blow your mind. Crispy, crunchy mixed with rich, creamy and smooth.
What is your favourite Summer time treat?
You might also like: 20 best ice cream recipes for Summer.