What's not to love about ice cream? The soft, smooth and creamy rich treat that holds a certain childhood nostalgia has been around since before Christ (literally!), when ice/snow was flavoured with honey.
Even though today it's made in a slightly different way with more extravagent ingredients, it's appeal can be seen the world over.
What's wonderful about ice cream is the variety of flavours and textures one can experiment with. It can be sweet and fruity, slightly bitter if you're using dark chocolate, earthy and floral if using herbs like Lavender or mint and even crunchy with added nuts and chunks of caramel. What is your favourite flavour or way of eating ice cream?
Here are some great ice cream recipes that you can make as a dessert or a special treat during the scorching Summer months ahead.
1. Peach and granadilla ice cream
2. Lemon curd ice cream
3. Blueberrry cheesecake ice cream
4. Poppy seed and cinnamon ice cream
5. Raspberry ice cream
6. Banana and peanut butter ice cream
7. Beer ice cream
8. Easy fruitcake ice cream
9. Pumpkin ale and toffee ice cream
10. Peppermint Crisp ice cream
11. Pistachio ice cream
12. Bourbon vanilla ice cream with hazelnuts
13. Triple chocolate ice cream
14. Baklava ice cream
15. Mango ice cream
16. Coconut ice cream
17. Pecan nut and brandy ice cream
18. Earl Grey ice cream sandwiches
19. Popcorn ice cream
20. Peanut butter ice cream loaf
- Tessa Purdon