|300 g||bacon — diced|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1||white bread — torn|
|300 g||cheddar cheese — grated|
|parsley — finely chopped|
Yes, you can eat cake for breakfast! Here’s how.
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Grease a springform cake tin.
1. Heat a large nonstick pan over high heat. Add bacon cook until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set on a plate.
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place the bread in a bowl. Pour in the egg mixture, 200 g cheese and bacon.
3. Rub the egg into the bread. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
4. Pour the bread mixture into the cake tin, pat down to compress and scatter the remaining cheese over.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top.
6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and cutting into slices to serve.
Leave a Reply