|15 ml||fresh chillies — 573|
|2||red or brown onions, sliced|
|4||garlic — cloves, chopped|
|1||red pepper — diced|
|4||plum tomatoes — diced|
|250 ml||stock — fish, vegetable or chicken|
|1,5 kg||mussels — whole, cleaned|
|lemon — zest and juice|
|fresh parsley — handful|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|to serve — to serve|
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large deep pan or saucepan. Add the onions and stir-fry until soft.
2. Add the garlic, red pepper and tomatoes and stir-fry until fragrant. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add the mussels and cover with a lid. Steam for 7-10 minutes or until the mussels have opened and are brightly coloured. Discard any that fail to open.
4. Remove the lid and stir in the lemon juice, zest, parsley and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
5. To serve: Serve with the rolls to mop up the juices