|6||pork — chops|
|250 ml||flour — seasoned|
|2||onion — sliced|
|30 ml||instant coffee granules|
|250 ml||water — boiled|
|250 ml||vinegar — grape|
|125 ml||golden syrup|
|10 ml||gravy powder — brown, salt and ground pepper|
Charlené Tiearney of Nigel, Gauteng, says this is her mom’s recipe for the best pork chops ever.
1. Preheat the oven to 150 °C.
2. make notches in the fatty side of the chops and roll them in the flour, ensuring they’re completely coated.
3. Heat the oil and fry the chops until golden. Arrange them in a large roasting pan.
4. Heat the butter and fry the onions until soft. Dissolve the coffee granules in the boiling water and add to the onions, along with the vinegar, syrup and gravy powder.
5. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until thickened.
6. Pour the sauce over the chops, cover the pan with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes. Serve with crushed potatoes and parsley.