PARTNER CONTENT: Vegetarian paella
|30 ml||fresh chillies — 573|
|1||onion — chopped|
|3 cloves||garlic — crushed|
|1||red pepper — seeded and chopped|
|375 ml||rice — arborio, uncooked|
|1 can||canned rhodes chopped and peeled tomatoes|
|1 l||stock — vegetable|
|1 ml||saffron threads or ground turmeric|
|5 ml||paprika — smoked|
|salt and freshly ground back pepper|
|1 can||rhodes chick peas in brine — drained|
|1 can||rhodes green beans cross cut|
|1 can||rhodes quality mixed vegetables in brine — drained|
|to serve: fresh, chopped parsley and lemon wedges|
1. Heat the oil in a paella pan or large non-stick frying pan.
2. Add the onion and fry until it begins to soften.
3. Add the garlic and the red pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
4. Add the uncooked rice and stir well to mix.
5. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped and Peeled and the vegetable stock.
6. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a medium simmer.
7. Add the saffron, paprika and seasoning.
8. Cook the paella for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, or until the rice has softened and absorbed almost all of the stock.
9. Add the Rhodes Chickpeas, Rhodes Quality Green Beans and Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables.
10. Continue cooking until the Rhodes Quality Vegetables and Beans are heated through, and all the stock has been absorbed.
11. Season to taste.
12. Sprinkled the parsley over the paella and place the lemon wedges on the side.
13. Serve immediately.