|2||carrots — chopped|
|1||onion — chopped|
|1 can||rhodes quality whole peeled tomatoes|
|500 ml||stock — chicken|
|salt and freshly ground back pepper|
1. Cut the peppers in half and remove the stem and the seeds.
2. Place the peppers onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Place the peppers under the preheated grill of the oven and grill until the skins are evenly charred.
4. Leave until the peppers are cool to the touch.
5. Remove the skins from the peppers which will now peel off from the flesh easily.
6. Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
7. Add the carrots and the onion and fry until the onions begin to soften. Add the peppers to the pan.
8. Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes and the chicken stock.
9. Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
10. Puree the soup with a hand held blender or pass the soup through a fine sieve.
11. Stir in the cream and season to taste.
12. Serve hot with fresh bread.
In partnership with Rhodes.