1 x 20cm cake serving Prep: 10 mins, Cooking: 1 hr
Being on a healthy eating plan doesn't mean you have to cut out your favourite treats – you just have to be clever about how you make them!
Rate this recipe
Tap for method
|3||eggs — jumbo|
|3/4 cup||olive oil — extra virgin|
|lemon — zest and juice|
|orange — zest only|
|2 tsp||Robertson's baking powder|
|200 g||almond flour|
|50 g||almonds — slivered|
|xylitol icing mix — dusting|
Tap for ingredients
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Grease and line the base of a deep springform cake tin, 20cm in diameter.
2. Place the eggs, olive oil, xylitol, juice and zest in a bowl and whisk until light and foamy, about 3–4 minutes.
3. Sift in the baking powder and almond flour and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and scatter the slivered almonds over the top.
4. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until firm. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a rack and allowing to cool completely.
5. To serve: Serve sliced, dusted with xylitol icing mix.
Leave a Reply