|400 g||mixed berries — frozen|
|lemon — zest only|
|125 ml||castor sugar|
|100 g||blueberries — frozen|
|125 ml||cream — fresh, whipped|
|80 g||fresh pomegranate (optional) fresh mint leaves|
|1 l||yoghurt — strawberry flavoured|
|swiss rolls — cut into thin slices|
|1-1,5 l||readymade custard|
|250 g||raspberries — frozen|
1. Berry sauce Put the frozen berries in a medium-sized saucepan and heat for a few minutes until they soften, then crush them with a fork. Add the lemon zest, castor sugar and water and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened and reduced.
2. Layering Whisk the cream cheese until soft and smooth and put in a large dish. Add the yoghurt a little at a time, beating well after each addition to prevent any lumps from forming. Continue until all the yoghurt has been combined with the cream cheese.
3. In a deep glass trifle dish, arrange the Swiss roll slices up the sides and on the base. Add a layer of custard and then the cream cheese mixture.
4. Drizzle the cooled berry sauce around the edge, followed by a layer of mixed berries.
5. Repeat the layering with the Swiss roll, custard, cream cheese mixture, berry sauce and mixed berries, until the dish is filled. Top with cream and more berries.
6. Garnish with the pomegranates (if using) and mint leaves and serve immediately or cover with clingfilm and keep in the fridge until you need it.