|90 ml||flour — cake|
|5 ml||dried mixed herbs|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|250 g||cream cheese|
|180 g||baby spinach — shredded|
|45 ml||pesto — basil|
|2||eggs — whisked|
|250 g||green or plain lasagne sheets, soaked in boiling water until pliable|
|125 ml||parmesan cheese — shavings|
The pesto gives this budget-friendly dish a deliciously fresh taste.
Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
1. WHITE SAUCE Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until thickened. Season with herbs, salt and pepper and simmer for a few seconds. Set aside.
2. FILLING Mix the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
3. TO ASSEMBLE Dollop a few spoonfuls of white sauce in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Add a layer of lasagne sheets, followed by half the filling and more white sauce. Repeat the layers, ending with pasta and white sauce.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan shavings on top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done and set.
5. Serve with a green salad.