|30 ml||tomato paste|
|1||tinned tomatoes — chopped|
|20 ml||sugar freshly ground black pepper|
|5 ml||dried oregano|
|125 g||cream cheese — flavoured|
|2||tortillas — large|
|50 g||mozzarella cheese — grated|
Lasagne is labour-intensive so try this version using boerewors, canned tomatoes, tortillas and cream cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Remove the meat from the boerewors casing. Heat a pan and brown the sausage meat.
3. Add the tomato paste and canned tomatoes and heat for a few minutes while stirring.
4. Season with the sugar, pepper and oregano and leave to simmer until the moisture has nearly evaporated.
5. Spread half the cream cheese on a tortilla and put in the ovenproof dish (let the tortilla hang over the rim of the dish). Spread half the meat mixture on top. Repeat with the remaining tortilla, cream cheese and meat. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned and the cheese has melted. Serve with a salad.