|850 ml||flour — cake|
|20 ml||baking powder|
|10 ml||bicarbonate of soda|
|salt — just a pinch|
|500 ml||water — hot|
|50 ml||vinegar — white garpe|
|10 ml||vanilla — essence|
|125 ml||water — hot|
|30 ml||instant coffee powder|
|to serve — to serve|
|cream — fresh, whipped|
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a deep 30 x 20cm ovenproof
dish or baking tin well with nonstick spray.
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and
salt into a large bowl. Add the sugar and mix. Make a well in the middle.
2. In another bowl, whisk the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla
essence then pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Beat until lightly
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared ovenproof dish or
baking tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done – a skewer inserted in the
middle should come out clean.
4. Syrup: While the pudding is baking, heat the syrup
ingredients in a saucepan, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove from the heat immediately.
5. To serve: Prick holes in the pudding with a knife or
skewer. Pour the syrup over the hot pudding. Serve hot or cold with whipped
cream and fresh mint.