|1.00 kg||flour — cake|
|30.00 ml||aniseed — whole|
|20.00 g||Superbake Instant Yeast|
1. Sift flour and salt together. Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in the anise seeds, yeast and sugar.
2. Stir the egg into the water and mix into the flour mixture. Stir to combine. Knead until elastic.
3. Cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until double in size. Don’t knock back.
4. Shape into balls and place in a deep bread tin sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Leave to rise until even with the edge of the tin.
5. Place rusks in the oven, preheated to 200 °C, immediately reduce temperature to 180 °C, and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from tin. Leave rusks to cool completely before breaking them apart (do not cut with a knife).
7. Dry out in the oven at 100 °C.