Not just for breakfast: 15 new and delicious ways to cook with bacon
Here are some new and interesting ways to cook with bacon – from snacks and sides to mains and a few classic pasta dishes.
1 . Bacon-wrapped corn on the cob with curry butter
Mielies, but made fancy! Serve them at your next braai.
2. Tomato, bacon and butterbean spaghetti
A quick and easy pasta dish packed with flavour.
3. Potato salad with bacon, egg and avo-nnaise
This potato salad has a delicious creamy avocado dressing – perfect for those just-too-ripe avos.
4. Beer-and-bacon-glazed nuts with fried olives and guacamole
5. Bacon and butternut muffins with bean salad
These muffins are a delicious snack to pack into your picnic or lunchbox.
6. Cheesy bacon and corn fritters
Who can resist a corn fritter?
7. Bacon and egg meatloaf with watercress mayonnaise
This meatloaf makes for a gorgeous summer’s lunch with the family, served with a green salad.
Why serve normal bread on the side when you can have bacon and mielie bread?
9. Rolled pork loin with bacon and walnut stuffing
This is a great special-occasion dinner for the family.
10. Barbecue meatballs with bacon gravy
A family favourite, this recipe is so tasty and makes for great leftovers, too.
A flaky and warming pie recipe for chilly evenings.
12. Braaied bacon, blue cheese and fig chilli poppers
Take your braai snacks to the next level with these bacon, blue cheese and fig chilli poppers.
13. Easy bacon carbonara pasta
A classic carbonara is always a favourite with the family!
14. Cheesy pasta bake with chicken, bacon and mushroom
Pasta bakes are great for weeknight dinners when you’re pushed for time.
A traditional quiche flavour combination and perfect for entertaining.
Leave a Reply