We’ve mentioned how versatile a vegetable courgette is and since the rise of Banting, everyone has become obsessed with cauliflower. If you’ve been eating low carb, you’ll already know that there are great ways to cook this knobbly veggie without getting sick of it.
Here are 10 that you should definitely Pin or add to your list of recipes to try. You won’t be disappointed!
1. Crunchy cauliflower pasta – a simple weekday meal finished with crispy bread crumbs and toasted hazelnuts.
2. Cauliflower gnocchi – ditch the traditional potatoes and use cauliflower puree to make the dough instead.
3. Cauliflower Parmigiana ‘steaks’ – a take on the tomato-y Italian classic that usually includes chicken. This is a Banter’s dream!
4. Cauliflower “couscous” – the texture of real couscous. Try it!
5. Peanut butter crumbed cauliflower – a recipe for the adventurous or curious. Cauliflower pieces fried in a creamy peanut butter batter! Flavour fest of note.
6. Bangers and cauliflower mash – this is the homey and comforting one. Not as adventurous, but oh so good.
7. Cauliflower mac ‘n cheese – looking for a way to sneak some veggies into your kids’ dinner? This is it!
8. Beef and mushroom cauliflower “risotto” – similar to cauliflower “couscous”. Just allow the cauliflower to cook in the liquid until it resembles cooked rice. Yum.
9. Cauliflower and truffle soup – Tried and tested. A real classic that cannot be left out.
10. Whole roasted cauliflower with ricotta and chorizo crumbs – the easiest and most delicious way to enjoy a giant cauli!