Great recipes for juicy meatballs wrapped in delicious tomato sauce.
Meatballs are all about the juiciness.
No one wants a couple of dry old balls do they?
I've got some fantastic meatball recipes and tips for you to try on your own family and friends.
The very best meatballs - This is a recipe that I've perfected over the years. The secret weapon I have is using a little bone marrow - I call it 'meat butter' - it really adds a lovely moisture to the balls and a depth of flavour that just says, 'Eat me'.
Tip: You can get bone marrow from any butcher or just ask at the counter at your local supermarket butcher. It is very cheap - ask for the biggest bones they have.
Meatballs and mashed potatoes - Served with a red wine and onion gravy - delicious!
Cheesy meatballs baked in tomato sauce - One for the family that will put smiles on faces.
Sweet and sour meatballs - Made with pork sausages and a homemade sweet and sour sauce.
Tomato and lentil soup with spicy meatballs - This is a great recipe with warm smoky spices and lentils.
Italian meatball sub - A fabulous recipe that includes melted mozzarella and tomato sauce. Hmmm.
Chicken and spinach meatballs - These are a low-fat version using chicken and mushrooms.
1. The secret to meatballs is the fat content in the meat. You need a good percentage of fat to have a juicy meatball.
2. Use good quality meat.
3. Cook a tiny bit of your meatball in the pan before you cook the whole batch. Check your seasoning and then roll them all.
4. Use spices and fresh herbs to add flavour to your balls.
4. Don't overcook them - dry meatballs are simply the worst.
5. They perform best in a lovely rich tomato sauce.
- Caro de Waal