Yesterday was Sandwich Day. We’re a bit late, but a sandwich is good any day of the year, especially with threats of load shedding abound. There’s no better use for leftovers, and it’s a great excuse to stock up on some deluxe spreads.
1. BLT Porn – mind out the gutter! This is about the Holy Trinity of sandwich ingredients – tasty bacon, crispy lettuce and juicy tomato.
2. Ultimate toasted cheese sandwich – if we put enough butter on the outside of the bread, will it cancel out the carbs?
3. Jack Parow broodjie – even the cool kids can rock a sarmie!
4. Harissa steak roll with caramelized onion – it doesn’t get more gourmet than this.
5. The power sandwich – packed with protein and nutrients.
6. Superfood sandwich – a giant dose of superfoods to keep you strong.
7. Roast beef and creamed horseradish sandwich – take your sandwich up a notch on the gourmet scale with this next-level treat.
8. Deli sandwiches – deluxe vegetarian beauties.
9. Croque monsieur – that’s French for fried ham and cheese sandwiches.
10. Biltong sandwich – worth the extra effort.
Leave a Reply