We’ve mentioned how versatile a vegetable courgette is and now we’re obsessing over cauliflower. If you’ve been Banting, you’ll already know that there are great ways to cook this cruciferous veggie without getting sick of it.
Here are 10 that you should definitely pin or add to your growing list of “to-make” recipes. You won’t be disappointed!
1. Crunchy cauliflower pasta – a simple weekday meal finished with crispy bread crumbs and toasted hazelnuts.
2. Cauliflower gnocchi – ditch the traditional potatoes and use cauliflower puree to make the dough instead.
3. Cauliflower pizza with mushrooms – a low carb dream come true. No flour or wheat in this baby.
4. Cauliflower “couscous” – the texture of real couscous. Try it!
5. Peanut butter crumbed cauliflower – a recipe for the adventurous or curious. Cauliflower pieces fried in a creamy peanut butter batter! Flavour fest of note.
6. Bangers and cauliflower mash - this is the homey and comforting one. Not as adventurous, but oh so good.
7. Cauliflower mac 'n cheese – looking for a way to sneak some veggies into your kids’ dinner? This is it!
8. Beef and mushroom cauliflower “risotto” – similar to cauliflower “couscous". Just allow the cauliflower to cook in the liquid until it resembles cooked rice. Yum.
9. Cauliflower and truffle soup – Tried and tested. A real classic that cannot be left out.
10. Cauliflower and ricotta spread – this makes a great substitute for any snack-time dip
- Tessa Purdon