Looking for lunch? Here are 10 ways to the perfect wrap
When I think wraps, I think:
– Quick hand food (can be eaten on-the-go)
– Variety (so many ingredients and flavour options!)
There’s nothing better than wolfing down a giant wrap when you’re hungry. All that delicious goodness, encased in a soft blanket of flatbread.
Legend has it that wraps (like many great culinary masterpieces) came about by accident.
A waitress by the name of Beth Dolan in Connecticut served the first wrap in a restaurant when she had discovered the restaurant had run out of bread. History aside, the greatest thing about wraps has to be one’s choice of filling. Your imagination is free to conjure up all your favourite flavours into one meal! Or use up leftovers from the fridge. You can pretty much create a feast in a matter of minutes.
If you’re in need of some wrap inspiration, I’m’re here to help!
1. Tandoori chicken and cucumber wraps – Indian flavours mingle with the refreshing taste of cucumber and coriander.
2. Chorizo and sweet potato wraps – salty, spicy and sweet.
3. Grilled chicken and tabbouleh wraps – herb filled and healthy!
4. Thai rice paper wraps – Give them an Asian twist!
5. Caramelised red onion, rocket and goat’s cheese wraps – vegetarian box – ticked!
6. Seared steak wraps – make sure you have the highest quality meat. It will make all the difference.
7. Haloumi wraps with curried peach chutney – the cheese is crumbed to make it deliciously crispy!
8. Deluxe chicken wrap -with feta, avo, red onion and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
10. Lamb, mango, milk and salsa wrap – use your leftover roast leg of lamb for this one.