1. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until just mixed.
2. Sift in the flour and icing sugar and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and cream.
3. Grease a baking tray, then spread a spoonful of batter as possible, using the back of the spoon. Repeat, leaving enough space between wafers. You need to work quickly, so it's best to bake only two or three at a time.
4. Place the tray in a preheated oven and bake until the wafers start browning around the edges. This will happen quickly (within about two or three minutes). Remove from the oven and, working fast, remove the wafers from the baking tray with a palette knife and place them on top of upside-down glasses. Press a ramekin on top of each one and leave to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Carefully remove the ramekins and glasses and turn the wafers over. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Just before serving, fill the wafers with ices cream and fresh fruit of berries.