1. Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and cook steak and kidneys until browned.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil. Add onion, medium heat until browned. Return meat to pan, add flour and stir to mix.
Cook for 1 minute and slowly stir to mix.
Cook for 1 minute and slowly stir in beef stock, mixing the flour in well.
3. Add parsley and Worcesershire sauce. Season to taste.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until meat it tender.
Allow to cool.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Fill a 1,5-litre pudding basin with beef filling.
Roll out pastry until large enough to fully cover the dish.
Dampen edges of dish and pastry with water.
5. Lay pastry over pie and gently press down.
Trim overhanging edges with a sharp knife.
Re-roll the scrap pieces to make decorative shapes and place over pie.
6. Cut a few slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
Bush top of pie with milk or egg wash.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden.