1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Place the potatoes in cold, salted
water, bring to the boil and parboil
for 4 –5 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and return to
the saucepan. Add 1.5 tbsp flour,
hold the lid on and shake the sauce–pan
to rough up the edges.
4. Drop the fat into a roasting pan
and place in the oven to heat it up
until it is sizzling hot.
5. Add the potatoes, toss them with
lots of salt and pepper and roast for
1 – 2 hours or until crisp and golden,
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.