1. Cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until transparent.
3. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until a sauce forms. Add the garlic and stir.
4. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes to heat through.
5. Add the evaporated milk and oats, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook gently, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced slightly.
6. Add the thyme, black pepper and fish.
7. Mix the sauce with the cooked pasta and serve immediately with a large salad
and/or 2 cooked vegetables.
Fresh thyme should be added towards the end of cooking as it is a delicate herb that easily loses its flavour when cooked. Dried thyme, by contrast, can be added earlier.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.