1. Season kingklip with salt and pepper and grill on both
sides. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Roll out puff pastry, cut into rounds and use to cover
individual portabellini mushrooms. Bake in oven at 180°C until lightly browned.
3. Roast peppers, peel off skin and slice into strips. Keep warm.
4. Pan-fry sliced brown mushrooms in a little olive oil. Set aside
and keep warm.
5. Boil potato cubes in cream until soft, adding a little water
if too dry. Add oyster and baby button mushrooms. Crush
everything using a whisk, then add egg whites and season.
6. Spray four moulds and cover the bottoms with sliced brown
mushrooms. Half-fill moulds with potato mixture, followed by
a layer of roast pepper and then the rest of the potato mixture.
Cook in oven for about 10 minutes.
7. Blanch bok choi and fennel in boiling water.
8. To assemble: On individual serving plates, place fennel and
bok choi. Top with grilled kingklip, unmoulded mushroom layers
and portabellini mushrooms in pastry. Decorate with deep-fried
beetroot slices and fennel. Serve with basil salsa and sun-dried