1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat butter in pan and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add mince and cook, stirring, until mince has changed colour.
3. Stir in herbs, tomatoes and spinach. Cook, stirring, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Cook pasta according to instructions on packet. Drain thoroughly.
5. To make cheese sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk and return to stove. Stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
6. Line base of a grease 16cm x 25cm oven-proof dish with half the pasta. Top with half the mince mixture and half the cheese sauce. Cover with remaining pasta and top with remaining mince mixture and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and cheddar cheese.
7. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until browned.