Peppermint crisp fridge tart
We have some proudly South African puddings and treats that are simply amazing.
We've put together some of our favourite recipes that we know and have loved growing up with.
In the spirit of Heritage Day it would be a good idea to make one of these traditional South African desserts.
Milk tart - A beautiful creamy milk tart with a dusting of cinnamon is just amazing.
- This is an easy recipe that you simply have to have! Absolutely delicious.Malva pudding
- Rich buttery syrup laden cake. Try this recipe with the added Saffa
ingredient, Amarula.Guava ice cream
- Lightly spiced South African ice cream - amazing!Koeksisters
- Syrup soaked twists that are perfect with a hot cup of Rooibos tea.Coconut ice
- Layers of pink and white coconut ice from your childhood.Lemon meringue pie
- A base of buttery crushed Tennis Biscuits, a zesty lemon filling and a puffed meringue top.Marshmallows on the braai with Bar One sauce - The perfect end to a good old South African braai.
- Spicy biscuits with almonds and Port.Crunchies
- These famous chocolate crunchies will take you straight to heaven.Add your favourite South African desserts into the comments box below!
- Caro de Waal