Family gatherings are the best. But when you're the one on kitchen duty and have to produce meals for the masses, it might just turn out to be the complete opposite.
Oven bakes are a great way to feed a crowd because once you’ve done all the preparation, it’s just a matter of allowing them to cook in the oven while you keep your guests entertained. Or maybe you could make use of the time to prep one of your most-loved desserts.
Here are our favourite oven bakes and casserole recipes that we suggest you have on hand if you decide to invite your family over.
1. Low carb zucchini casserole – Banters in the family? This one is for them.
2. Chicken and sweet potato casserole – With gooey melted cheese. A one-dish meal that can be made made in advance, frozen and reheated when ready to eat.
3. Mexican vegetable bake – spicy hot sauce, peppers and sweet corn get your taste buds zinging.
4. Pork sausage and bean casserole – A dish that will turn your house into a home. Rich and comforting flavours mingled with herby, meaty aromas. This is absolute comfort food.
5. Chicken cottage pie – An oldie but a goodie. This one has stood the test of time and is a true Food24 favourite.
6. Baked butternut risotto – ain’t nobody got time for stirring risotto! This one is cooked by letting it bake slowly in the oven. Genius.
7. Tray bake Margherita pizza – Need we say more? This twist on pizza is quite a novelty. Get the kids involved when making it. They’ll have a ball!
8. Brinjal and spinach bake with 3 cheeses – Channel your inner Italian Mama with a Mediterranean vegetarian bake. It can be eaten as a main meal or served as a side dish with grilled chicken or fish. Bellissimo!
9. Smoky beef casserole – A hearty meal that simply says, “eat me!”
10. Lamb moussaka - The classic Greek bake that has many variations. This one calls for cinnamon and cardamom which give it a spicy twist.
- Tessa Purdon
Read more on: