September Vin-atics – the most food-friendly one yet!
There are absolutely NO excuses for not joining our Vinatics fun this month! Yes… I am looking at YOU.
We have deliberately chosen the most amazing food-friendly selection of wines and all of them easily available in most supermarkets or bottlestores; our recipes are some of the most mouth-wateringly luscious to date and all of them very wallet-friendly… and the prize this month is a whopping big R500 wine voucher from Cybercellar!
So what are you waiting for? Well, if you don’t belong to Vin-atics yet, then sign up here…
I’ve had a good nose around my local branch of Ultra Liquors and have come up with 6 truly fabulous and food-friendly wines and all of them about R50 or less! The cost of buying all 6 is under R300 which makes them outstanding value, so here’s my choices for this month:
• 2009 Graham Beck Game Reserve Chenin Blanc
• 2009 Flagstone Noon Gun
• 2008 Van Loveren Wolverine Creek Reserve Chardonnay
• 2009 Nederburg Winemakers Selection Rhine Riesling
• 2006 Zorgvliet Silver Myn Merlot/Cabernet Franc
• 2010 Boland Cellars Cappupinoccinotage
Check out our September Vin-atics Club Tasting Notes… all the info on what they taste like, cool things to say at a dinner party and where you can buy ‘em.
Food24’s Resident Chef Caro de Waal has suggested 6 dishes which she thinks will match each wine perfectly – none of which will break the bank, all of which are totally delicious:
• Double-baked Gruyere Cheese Souffle with Wholegrain Mustard Sauce
• Butternut and Lentil Bobotie
• Chicken in White Wine
• Beef Satays with Peanut Sauce
• Baked Apples in a Bag
• Crepes with Dark Chocolate and Oranges
What makes Chef Caro think these pairings with work? Click here to find out, and to agree/disagree or make other suggestions in the comments section below…
The Main Event: Wednesday 22nd September at 7pm.
We’ll be cooking the dishes and tasting the wines – and we want you to join us too!
You can follow us on Twitter at @Vinatics, @SamWilson1, @CathyMarston @chocky33 and see what we get up over the course of the evening. This month we shall be joined by one of our very own bloggers – Carey Boucher-Erasmus (check out her blog BitsofCarey)and her husband, along with Paul Galatis from fabulous kitchenware suppliers, @Yuppiechef as well.
So – finding the wines couldn’t be any easier (or better value), the recipes couldn’t be any easier (or more delicious), we bet you’ve got LOTS of friends you owe a dinner party to – so why not make it a Vin-atics dinner party this month and stand the chance of winning R500-worth of wine as well? All you have to do is
• pick a couple of the dishes
• choose a couple of the wines (or tell your friends to bring them)
• invite a couple of mates to join you on the night
• take some pics, tell us how it all went and the best report will win a R500 voucher from Cybercellar.