10 chefs with the most influential Instagram accounts
Famous chefs have become far more influential and significant with the the rise of social media. They are able to share their creations and techniques instantly and in a highly accessible manner.
Achievements and news in the culinary world is literally in the palm of our hands. Just this week Massimo Butorra shared one of his new dishes at Osteria Francescana (the world’s number one restaurant) in a video on Instagram. Yes the most important chef of the moment showed a meal preparation to all of us for free on our phones – it’s pretty incredible.
Chefs like Jamie Oliver and Nigel Slater also share recipes. We see the photo and if we like the look of it, we follow the link and voila! Free, readily available recipes from the big guys. It’s never been this simple.
Many aspiring chefs or foodie folks follow these chefs to get their hands on the latest culinary trends and recipes to create at home. For example what’s for #MeatFreeMonday, #RecipeOftheDay or #TreatYourselfTuesday (and don’t forget #Food24_sa).
We took a look on Instagram, to see who is top of the pops in the world of chefs.
1. Jamie Oliver – The British chef has a whopping following of 4.6 million followers – ranking him first place on Instagram.
2. Gordon Ramsey – The Scottish born chef has 1.7 million followers – placing him second place on Instagram.
3. Anthony Bourdain – The American chef has earned 1.6 million followers on Instagram – but his posts aren’t only culinary related. He shares other life experiences too.
3. David Chang – recommended by 50 Best Restaurants.
4. Bobby Flay – The celebrity chef and television presenter has 421k followers on Instagram.
5. Alex Atala – he featured in the latest season the Chef’s Table series on Netflix and has a whopping 409k followers. The Brazilian chef forages in the Amazon and prepares highly experimental and unique food.
6. Massimo Bottura – his restaurant was recently named number 1 in the world by 50 Best and he has 222k followers.
7. Thomas Keller – he has 182k followers.
8. Nigel Slater – he has one of the most beautiful Instagram accounts and he shares recipes.
9. Janice Wong – her dishes are exquisite!
10. Gaggan Anand – another Chef’s Table chef and the owner of the best Asian restaurant according to 50 Best.
Which high profile chefs do you follow on Instagram?