If you’re looking for a way to add some much needed flavour to your dish pesto is a great option. It's oozing with flavour and in most cases you’ll only need to add a small amount to unleash the pesto beast!
TIP: Do not over-use as the flavour can easily overpower the dish.
Even though it’s quite high in calories and fat it has more nutritional value than most sauces - it's a good source of vitamins, calcium, iron and protein. If you make it yourself you also have more control over the type of ingredients you use and you can adapt it to make it more suitable for your dietary requirements.
READ: Make your own pesto
Here’s 10 ways to incorporate pesto into your dish -
1. Grilled vegetables and coriander pesto
2. Gluten free zucchini and basil pesto
3. Spring vegetable and red pesto tart
4. Roast beef with pesto noodle salad
5. Ostrich lettuce cup burgers with sweet potato fries and basil pesto
6. Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken
7.The ultimate green basil pesto pasta
8. Pesto and paprika-rubbed slow roasted brisket
9. Bruschetta with brown mushrooms, peppers and coriander pesto
10. Roasted leg of lamb with mint pesto