Slimming down doesn’t mean you have to eat cold cabbage soup. Keeping things unrefined, low on sugar but high in flavour is easier than you think.
Try these recipes for a slimmer, more delicious you.
1. Aubergine and hot cherry tomato salad – filled with exotic flavours.
2. Honey chicken and brown rice stir-fry – simple and satisfying
3. Crunchy kale chips - these make the most wonderful, low calorie snack!
4. Salad Nicoise – a classic dish that is hearty and healthy.
5. Stuffed fish on the braai – a one dish wonder for the weekend.
6. Spicy chickpea wrap – filled with colour and deliciousness. Lunch in a jiffy!
7. Watermelon salad – Refreshing and interesting.
8. Moroccan chicken salad – wonderful flavours that will make you smile.
9. Butternut and lentil bobotie – keep it healthy by leaving out the meat but holding onto all those delicious flavours.
10. Fresh linefish and chickpeas – light and healthy with a twist of fun.
11. Chicken and peach salad – fresh summery flavours to eat anytime.
12. Healthy frozen yoghurt - don't deprive yourself of a treat. This is scrumptious!
13. Veggie noodles and chicken - make 'zoodles' with zucchini and carrot for this easy weekday meal.
14. Cauliflower pizza with mushrooms - this pizza base is gluten-free and is made without refined flour. No more bloating!
15. Pork steaks on cauliflower mash - this is a wonderfully comforting dish. Make extra for leftovers the next day. Yum.
- Caro de Waal