It’s in the air, you can tell – the tinsel’s up and Boney M’s festive singing is bringing joy to the world wherever you go… That’s right, the festive season is here, and we couldn’t be more thrilled.
And because it’s the time of year when you should be spending time with family, not at your stove, we’ve got the ultimate festive hack you’ve been looking for: McCain side dishes that go from freezer to table in 20 minutes or less, leaving you more time to focus on your delectable roasts. McCain Baby Carrots, Garden Peas and Potato Wedges are quick and easy to cook:
• McCain Baby Carrots – Cook for 6 minutes from frozen. Add honey, orange and a cinnamon stick while cooking for a great aroma and a taste of sweetness.
• McCain Garden Peas – Cook for 3 minutes from frozen. Strain, then add a small handful of chopped mint leaves and two chunks of butter. Return to the switched-off warm plate to allow the butter to melt.
• McCain Potato Wedges – Bake from frozen for 16 to 18 minutes. All you need is freshly ground salt and pepper and it’s ready to complement your beautiful Christmas roast!
Now that your festive menu’s covered, here are a few additional tips and tricks to make sure all your festive preparation goes smoothly:
- Cook whatever you can beforehand and freeze, then simply heat and eat on the day.
- Cook smart and keep versatility in mind. Something like a simple homemade tomato sauce can be used in lasagne and nachos (a great anytime snack), and is perfect for those days when you just need to whip up something quickly, like a simple spaghetti Bolognese.
- If you’re a baker, dip cookie cutters in flour first to ensure your cookies keep their shape.
- Use festive cookie cutters to cut out trees and stars in sandwiches and melons.
- Finely crushed candy canes make for a delicious and crunchy addition to desserts.
- Even desserts can be made ahead and frozen! It’s the perfect time of year for an ice-cream cake or a frozen Peppermint Crisp tart.
The bottom line is cooking and enjoying delicious food with loved ones form a large part of the festive season. And, thanks to the convenience of McCain, the cooking part is made easy so that you can spend the rest of your time making memories with loved ones!