When it comes to desserts, on a hot summer Valentine’s, the last thing we want is to feel bloated and full.
Here’s our selection of bite-sized morsels (some are portable or perfect for gifting) to satisfy any sweet craving. Brownie-points for home-made!
1. Chocolate and pecan nut marshmallowy nougat – Who knew making marshmallowy nougat was this easy? Pop these in cute organza baggies and get gifting!
2. Cucumber and gin sorbet – Served with a hint of mint for a refreshing treat that will please the palate.
3. African Amarula gilded chocolate truffles – Luxuriously dark chocolate truffles fit for a queen.
4. Chocolate fondue – A deviously social, sensual and seductive way to end a meal.
5. Salted caramel peanut butter chocolate pops – Quaint little pleasure orbs that make an exquisite gift and are just as much fun to eat.
6. Dark chocolate, peanut butter and pretzel bark – The salty pretzels combined with the crunch of the peanuts and the sweetness of the chocolate makes for an interesting and very trendy flavour combination.
7. Chocolate macarons – A fearless approach on a delicate baking favourite.
8. Candied cherries – These cute little bites are reminiscent of candy apples we had as children. This is the more grown up and gourmet version.
9. Doughnut bites with chocolate ganache – Cute, delicious, and shallow-fried to moreish perfection.
10. Boozy chocolate sticky buns – The softest buttery brioche, plump boozy raisins and lashings of brandied caramel with hits of slightly bitter dark chocolate.
What’s your favourite sweet treat to share with your sweetheart?