If you’ve ever wondered why you crave chocolate so much, we’ve found the answer – chocolate consumption is responsible for the production of (what has been dubbed) happy hormones.
When our bodies release these hormones – endorphins and seratonin – we experience feelings of happiness and pleasure. No wonder that bar of chocolate is the first thing you want to reach for when you’re feeling down!
With International Chocolate Day coming up on 7 July, we’ve compiled a list of hysterical tweets that we’re sure chocoholics far and wide will be able to relate to.
1. Real chocoholics know to appreciate all kinds of chocolate and that dark chocolate is actually the best.
2. Ask questions that matter!
3. Chocolate should never last that long!
4. The limits are endless.
5. The way to turn a bitter scenario into a sweet one – chocolate cake!
6. Clearly we’re all chocolate muffins.
7. Disrespect of the highest level!
8. We’re always looking for reasons to eat more chocolate.
9. Chocolate donut glaze wins!
10. Chocolate over bread anytime!