Potato cakes, potato bakes, Mexican spud skins and a whole lot more!
I’m a huge potato fan.
I’m obsessed with finding exciting ways to use this versatile vegetable.
There is just nothing like good old spuds, be it baked potatoes with fabulous fillings or crispy roasted 'taters with your Sunday roast.
There's hash browns or rosti with soft gooey poached eggs and crispy bacon, bubbling potato bakes, cheesy croquettes or stuffed potato skins – I just love them to no end! *sigh*
My booty is not very happy with this love affair I have with these starchy little buggers, but you know what? If anything, life has taught me to not hold back on anything, live in the now, go big or go home…and just walk it off (I mean, power walk) it off.
Here are my top 7 potato dishes (in no particular order):
1. Potato cakes - Cheesy potato and pea patties with smoke-roasted salmon and apple salad.
2. Croquettes - Ham and cheese potato croquettes, soft and creamy on the inside, crisp on the outside.
3. Patatas bravas - Delicious with chorizo, cherry tomatoes and oreganum.
4. Salmon potato bake - Potato bake with smoked salmon, crème fraiche and chives.
5. Roast potato cubes with gammon and egg - A hearty midweek winner.
6. Mexican potato skins - A crisp, spicy, tomato-y delight.
7. Baked potato with horseradish crème fraiche and beef.
More awesome potato dishes:
Roasted sweet potato salad with ginger dressing
Check out Carey’s blog, Bitsofcarey and her monthly Crush! Monday to Sunday feature.
Follow her on twitter @bitsofcarey
- Carey Boucher-Erasmus