We’ve shared our 15 egg recipes that you cannot do without, but now it’s time we chatted about the different ways you can prepare eggs for breakfast.
A common thing that I hear Banters complaining about, is the fact that after a period of time being carb-free, they get “egg fatigue” – too many eggs eaten too often. This is completely understandable and I would feel the same if I ate the same thing, prepared the same way, day in and day out.
If you do have egg fatigue and eat them the same way all the time, you might like these recipes that celebrate them in adifferent light.
1. Egg and bacon soldiers – this childhood favourite of soft boiled eggs and strips of toast, will never get old.
2. A perfect omelette – let the egg be your base for a variety of fillings. I love mushrooms, spinach and lots of tangy goat’s cheese but you could bulk it up with another protein like mince, or smoky bacon bits.
3. Cheesy egg muffins – these grain-free muffins are perfect to make and keep in the fridge for a day or two if you’re having a busy week. Heat them for 30 seconds in the microwave and hey presto!
4. Baked egg cups – a wonderful option for a stylish weekend brunch. Throw in a Mimosa and you’re good to go!
5. French toast – whoever thought of dipping bread in egg and then frying it, is a genius! Serve your French toast with anything from sweet maple syrup and bacon to fresh seasonal berries and a dollop of thick and creamy Mascarpone.
6. Huevos Rancheros - a savoury, spicy Mexican meal that calls for some chilli and fresh coriander. Those who like their breakfast with a kick, will love this dish!
7. Scotch eggs – these are rather retro but oh-so-tasty! Boiled eggs wrapped up in seasoned pork mince, rolled in bread crumbs and then deep-fried. Dip them in a smoky paprika aioli and you’ve got a hangover cure of note!
- Tessa Purdon
Read more on: