For those of you who already love Food24 – sorry for the shock folks,
but all that the old Food24 had to offer – the 15 000 plus recipes from SA’s favourite magazines, the largest restaurant database in the country, the hundreds of how-to’s and tips and guides and news – is still here, only in a more drool-worthy format.
So, what’s new?
• Menus for everything from making a traditional Christmas dinner for your family to an apology dinner for two and everything in between, crafted by our resident Cordon Bleu Chef Caro.
• A cork-poppingly cool wine hub, edited by the irrepressible Cathy Marston (check out her fabulous blog Drunk!), with everything from a wine farm directory to varietal explanations to news & features.
• An expanded experts section, where you can now get advice on baking, cooking for your kids, healthy eating, choosing wine as well as general cooking advice from the much-loved Lannice Snyman.
• Maps on all our restaurants,
so you can find ‘em all without having to have a fight in the car on
the way. And with everyone’s favourite dinner date, Restaurant Editor
Cath Shone, keeping us up to date with the latest news, views and abuse
from SA’s restaurant scene… you’ll soon be joining our ranks of over
4000 reader reviewers.
• A re-vamped MyFood24 section, where – if you sign up
- you can create a recipe book, make meal planners, add to your grocery
list, see your restaurant reviews, get blog updates... all in one
place. Just follow the yellow Post-Its.
• Directories on everything from deli’s and butchers to fishmongers and organic food spots... with a new review feature.
• How-to videos with Sa celebrity chef Jenny Morris, who teaches us to do everything from julienning a leek to making the funkiest French toast.
Then of course, there are all the usual favourites: our easy weekday meals, our luscious galleries, our huge recipe selection with advanced search capabilities as well as ... most importantly, our hundreds of bloggers, sharing their loves, lives and recipes with all of us!
What’cha think? Tell us now, and you could win R 5000! You can also drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
and don’t be shy: whether you want to say yay, nay or ‘how do I
find...?’ – absolutely all comments and suggestions are welcome.
Now, get clicking and exploring.
Love and torn wrapping paper
Sam (Editor-in-Chief, Food24.com)