Everybody in SA is about as excited as they could be about the Masterchef SA series kicking off soon. The Masterchef Austalia has recently had the nation gripped and now we can look forward to our own version.
Entries have opened and although it feels like everyone is talking about entering there are some rules and regulations.
For all the information you can check the official Masterchef SA website – but here are a couple of rules we thought you should know before you get over-excited and nominate your BFF who is a Domestic Goddess.
1. You have to be 18 or over to enter.
2. You must be an SA citizen and have a green ID book to enter.
3. You may not enter as a team or couple.
4. You can enter online.
5. You cannot have taught cooking classes or have done cooking demonstrations or food preparation in any capacity be it casual, part time, full time or contract in the last 15 years.
6. If you have waitered before, you can enter, but not if you worked full-time in a professional kitchen at any time.
7. You have to be available for 3 months at the beginning of 2012. (Final dates have not been confirmed.)
So there you go… best of luck to all who give it a go!
We will be watching with interest.
Read more on: